Monday 21 July 2014

Musing

You know the smallest thing can change your life, in the blink of an eye some things happen by chance when you least expected, set you on a course you never planned, a present you can't wrap your head around, and into a future you never imagined, where will it take you? That's the journey of our lives, our search for the light, but sometimes finding the light means you must pass through the deepest darkness, at least that's how it was for me. Everyone has their own destiny, but not everyone makes a choice to follow it, I'm lucky I did.

I was sensitive and intelligent enough to understand, and my literary education could not but have sharpened my perception of the evidence before my eyes: that in the absurd raffle-draw that apportioned the destinies of African Societies, two people starting off even as identical twins in the morning might quite easily find themselves in the evening one as President shitting on the heads of the people and the other carrying the people's shit in the buckets on his head. So how could a guy like me, intelligent, compassionate, knowing that fact of our situation look down on another less lucky and see more to it than just blind luck, blessing & personal development?


The Holy Book says in Ecclesiastes 9:11 (KJV): "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race [is] not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all"
But the previous verse has something which I think everyone should imbibe Ecclesiastes 9:11 (KJV) "Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work,  nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest".

In other words, we need strength of character to see through every challenge that life places across our path to success. Not accepting defeat, by bouncing back after each fall. If a brother is doing better than you, don't hate, be happy for him and work harder and pray for time and chance to favour you. If he's not doing as much as yourself, help him to be better, there's no better feeling than helping someone grow. I am more at peace with myself and putting smiles on my loved ones' faces and the faces of those that I come in contact with is all that delights me.

I don't have all that I want, but I'm grateful to God for the little I have while working hard to be a better all round person.

I appreciate those whose presence and impact (good or bad) in my life helped shape my thoughts, to my family, you lots are the very reason for my existence, to my boo, thank you for ALWAYS being there, through thick & thin, you're the bestest. By God's grace we will be bigger & greater!

No comments:

Post a Comment