Sunday 7 July 2013

A Peep Into Growing Up!

As you grow each day and face the daily beats of life, we realize that it is not just about the events but about our own selves,in the process of growth.As it becomes obvious to us that the realities of life are the bitter pills which many a man runs away from that entraps them into poverty,mind disorders and all sorts of negativities all to run away from facing the truth about growth and change. It is tremendously baffling and most interesting to realize that we can't remain the same everyday as we all know that the most constant thing in life is change. There is so much joy in growing,knowing that we increase in age,going through the normal processes of the pains and hurts of life and yet joyous at the product we become after learning a whole lot from our mistakes. It's not only about the mistakes we learn from that stretches our soul but also getting to a point of maturity in our lives where our values can define who we truly are,at a point when we can accept and assert ourselves as who we really are;having to shed some of our attitudes and fantasies to face the realities of life. It is then that you come to a point in your life when you realized that some of the things you believed in so strongly yesterday were mere fantasies that come with youthful exuberance and that you have to learn to live with the realities & disappointments of today and possibly tomorrow. Growing up can be scary sometimes especially when we are faced with something unexpected that hurts so bad or we're betrayed by friends,or along the way,life takes a new turn from what it normally was and we are to cope with certain situations we've never faced before;how faint our spirit being often gets at such times. But God in his thrilling way always has a way of seeing us through and thus building our faith in him as we grow. Growth is in stages, moving from the unknown or the ignorant to enlightenment,utilizing the capacity that is inherent in us to track our course and be corrected when we go wrong. It's a beautiful thing to be human especially if you are willing to explore life,taking-in all it has in store for you and giving back all you can make of it often in geometrical form. It's easier to choose not to open your heart to opportunities of growth than to choose to grow in the right direction,because it is painful and sacrificial.Inspite of the entire fear attributed to growth,it is really interesting and amazing because if we were all sure of what was going to happen to us,then the fun of living would've been taken away from us,so why don't we just get ourselves equipped for these total experiences of life and make the best of it so that we can be all that God has designed for us to be. The most interesting part of growth is when you come face to face to face with yourself,when who you are is revealed to you.This is a most dramatic phase of growth because you have the choice of whether you will accept yourself as you've come to know and make the best of the discovered man or deny it and continue to struggle with life and place little or no worth on yourself. Growing up,I've been far from perfect but I'm always willing to learn from both old and young.I've taken all sorts from people because I had always seen every one I met as my superior so I can learn from them,even though some have taken advantage of me.I try not to get upset because I know that I'm in the process of learning and I just need to have a non- offensive attitude so that I can learn every possible lesson from the character of every person I met in my life.But my greatest weapon and joy has been the acceptance of who I discovered I was and my willingness to make the best of it no matter what anyone feels or thinks about it.That is the core of my existence and that determines how far I will go in life,otherwise I wouldn't have appreciated God the way I do today and my eyes wouldn't have been opened to all that I need to learn or do in life. If you're willing to grow,your heart and mind will have to be open and not closed,you have to be closed to God and be willing to stand and confront all that life has to offer you.There's no better way to learn and be a child of God except you allow yourself to go through the normal processes of life.Let God move you his own way;don't try to force yourself to move because this is one of the secrets I've learnt along the way that humbles my heart and makes it easier for me to cope with situations and people in my life. I hope I've left you a better person than I met you!

No comments:

Post a Comment