Sunday 14 July 2013

No Matter What...

I'm not naive anymore because I have better understanding and it is time for me to 'express' what I have learnt so far. I feel wiser though still thirsty to know a lot more.
I feel calmer because I now know the truth and I am more at peace with myself and the world.

I count my blessings and understand that I had to lose to win the things and people I am left with.
I am ready for new experiences, I value being comfortable.
I have fewer delusions and I am less concerned with what other people think because I have learnt that oftentimes they all don't mean what they say.
I can make choices, I am free, I can fly.

It might take me a long time. It doesn't matter where I turn and which way I go, my focus will be my destiny. It doesn't matter the number of times I stumble but my willingness to stand and move on is all that matters to me.

Why will I wallow in self pity, anger and bitterness? I am not perfect and it is quite alright that sometimes I slip and make wrong moves, do the wrong things and get wrong results. But it will be unfair if I allow that to take all the joy I have experienced when I got it right most other times.
Knowing that my happiness in life depends only on me, I have to learn to accept the consequences of every word spoken by me and deeds done by me no matter how bitter condemning it might seem.

Not living to please any person other than God has helped to make it easier for me not to be carried away by my environment, knowing that most times what people say, they don't mean. So why should I get myself excited and come back to zero afterwards or get myself worked up and realize it wasn't worth it in the first place?

My conclusion thus far is that no matter what, destiny has to be fulfilled and that I do not need anyone's approval to get on in life or anyone's answer to answer my own life questions.

2 comments: